Friday 26 October 2012

Down To Margate....


Last week me and The Other Half visited Margate. One of my favourite artists Alex Katz has an exhibition of work showing there at the Turner Contemporary up until January 2013.




It's a great show and well worth going out of your way for. The show incorporates a collection of Alex Katz's paintings from the 1950's to the present day. Within the show are a collection of films, one of them 20 minutes long and is of Alex painting on quite a large scale, this is accompanied by a soundtrack by his friend Meredith Monk. We sat mesmerised watching the maestro at work, he made it look so fluid, so simple, it was beautiful to see!



We also walked around the old town where we found a nice vintage clothing shop called 'Madam Popoff Vintage', I bought the above fabric - a pair of curtains from the 1970's. I think I might run up a few dachshund draft excluders from it....

No comments :